Thursday, December 23, 2010

Something different for me :)

I had this little rug that I hooked a few years ago...well, i trimmed it way to close to the edge of the rug and couldn't figure out any way to bind it...so today I took out some black felt and i sewed this little pocket together, then placed a sprig of greenery inside... I was surprised at how nice it came out...I hardly ever do any sewing, just rug hooking...
I think I will gift this to my dil's mom, who will be here for Christmas day dinner...
Yesterday, sophie helped me wrapped presents...isn't she helpful????
she loves plastic bags and as soon as I bring the groceries home, she jumps into one and makes herself at home...




7 comments:

Myglorystars said...

Sandi, I love how you finished off your hooked tree!! Very nice!!! Merry Christmas!

Michelle~Sugar House Creations said...

I love your rug hooking pocket! Is it your own design? I would love to make one, and if I start now I might have it done in time for Christmas next year. :) I am a slow poke.

Kathy (woolfind) said...

Sandi, it's wonderful! What a sweet gift. She will love it I'm sure. I know I would :). And another of those unfinished projects that we have lying around now finished!
Sophie looks cute in the bag. Good helper :)
Merry Christmas!

Sandi said...

i'm sure that i saw a similar tree somewhere else, but i did draw that one up when i hooked it...
the rest was a snap...

Ladybug said...

Very nice Rug hook tree, Like it
and yes Critters Love helping
out with wrapping all those gifts..

Merry Christmas / Blessings

Rugs and Pugs said...

Sandi ~
Sweet little finish!
Merry Christmas to you and all your loved ones - furbabies included.
Hugs :)
Lauren
P.S. I'm still lovin' my little hooked mat {{big grin!}}

Unknown said...

I like the little tree bag. So clever.
Kitty looks very happy in her plastic bag bed.

Merry christmas